There are a few things that must be considered when preparing for a photo shoot. These are the most commonly over looked in my experience.
- Drink lots of water. Water consumption is one of the key components to healthy looking skin. The biggest mistake is not drinking enough water soon enough. Water flushes toxins out of your organs. Your skin is the biggest organ in you body. Increasing water intake at least two weeks before your shoot, should allow your body plenty of time to flush toxins. Beware of potential outbreaks.
- Cut back on sugar. This should start about the same time as you increase your water intake. Sugar increase hormone activity which could lead to an outbreak. Pimples never look good on anyone.
- Get plenty of rest. Sleep is when the body repairs and heals itself. The increase of water and the cutting back of sugar, helps the body focus on clearing the toxins in your body. There is something to the old cliche of “beauty rest”.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. The cleaner you eat the less your body will have to work to perform the daily functions. This will free up time and energy for your body to repair itself and rejuvenate the skin, so it can have that glow we all want to see in our pictures.
- Don’t try a new haircut. We all have been adventurous at some point in our lives. The week of a photo shoot is not the time. Remember pictures are meant to last a life time, especially in the cloud age. They will long out live us in their digital glory. No one wants to be reminded of a style change that did not work out well.
Mostly enjoy yourself and do not stress. Pictures should add value to your life and memories!